This might be one of the easiest thing you can cook.
However it’s also very beautiful, so to impress your friends when in hurry - this is the thing to make.
Get a really nice piece of tuna and avoid the greyish, frozen stuff. It’s supposed to have a nice red, almost translucent, color.
- Gently fry the grated ginger, on low heat, in a small amount of neutral oil.
- After about a minute, add the soy sauce and let it simmer until it thickens.
- Sift through a strainer to remove the ginger pieces.
- See to that the tuna is not cold, but room temperature.
- Cut the tuna into cubes, about 2-3 cm on each side.
- Mix the black and white sesame seeds on a plate and roll the tuna cubes in the mixture.
- Fry the tuna about 15 seconds on each side in a nonstick pan without any fat. This brings out the nutty flavor in the sesame seeds and sears the tuna on the outside while the inside’s still raw.
- Brush the thick soy sauce in a thin layer on a plate and place 3 of the cubes on top. Garnish and serve!