To make this perfectly clear - the idea and recipe here comes from Carl at Stilig mat. I’ve just tweaked it a little, to suit the available ingredients at the time and to add some nuttiness to the dish. So all credit to you Carl for an excellent and tasty idea.
On one of the really lazy days on my vacation I found a bunch of really nice, fresh carrots and I thought of the tasty dish I saw in Carl’s blog. Time to try it out!
I had no Roquefort and I couldn’t make it entirely according to the recipe (It seems to be impossible for me to do so…), but with a few small tweaks and the addition of sesame seeds, to add some nuttiness to the dish, it became a success nevertheless.
Try them as a starter with a glass of chilled wine or as a side dish when you’re BBQing. Wow!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/395 F.
- Gently scrub the carrots.
- Split them lengthwise and place them in a tray with parchment paper. Drizzle them with half of the honey and vinegar and all of the oil. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top and toss the carrots so they’re evenly coated.
- Put them in the oven and let them roast there for 20 min.
- Take them out, toss them again and drizzle with the rest of the honey and vinegar. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the carrots and toss them again.
- Leave the carrots in the oven for another 15 minutes and if you want more color to them, turn on the grill for the last 5 minutes, or put them on the BBQ if you’ve got that one on.
- Take out the carrots and plate. Crumble the blue cheese on top and enjoy!