- Chop the pears coarsly - I used Conference and Red Anjou pears
- Fry the chopped onion, garlic and ginger lightly in a large pan.
- Add half of the chopped pears with the rest of the ingredients to the onion/ginger mixture in the pan.
- Bring to boil under lid on high heat and then keep it simmering on low heat for 30 minutes. Then mix in the rest of the pears and keep simmering for another 30 minutes. The chutney should now be think and nice. If not - remove the lid and cook until it thickens.
- Adjust taste with salt and vinegar.
This becomes a small batch of a mild, sweet chutney - perfect together with a hard cheese or a nice spicy piece of meat, preferably lamb.