The autumn is almost going in to winter, but there is still a lot of good stuff to find in the forrest.
Today our kids came home with a lot of funnel chanterelles! They are on vacation from school for a week and the forrest is a great place to play and find cool stuff like mushrooms. So of course I just had to come up with something with chanterelles for dinner.
This soup is both simple to make, very tasty and real comfort food. As a matter of fact, it’s so quick to make that the kids can set the table while you make it.
Try it for yourself and see!
- Chop the onions finely and fry them in the butter in a big pot.
- Add the chanterelles and fry them on low to medium heat, until almost all the liquid has cooked away.
- Add the calvados and let it cook into the chanterelles.
- Sift the flour over the chanterelles and give it a stir.
- Add the stock and the cream and let it simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Adjust acidity using the vinegar.
- Serve the soup in bowls with the whole chanterelles in the bottom. Pour the soup over. Grind the parmesan cheese and some black pepper over the soup. Enjoy the soup together with a nice bread!