Let’s continue with the french country style food!
This is a warm salad with lot’s of flavor that goes excellent with a green salad, a rustic bread and a glass of dry white wine.
Or why not a piece of poached white fish?
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and boil them in salted water for a couple of minutes. You don’t want them cooked through, just to loosen them up a little.
- Cool them in cold water. This also washes of some of the starch so they become crispier when you fry them.
- Dice the pork (or bacon) into small cubes. Chop the garlic.
- Fry bacon and garlic on high heat. Once they are done, take them out of the pan and leave the fat in there.
- Cut the boiled jerusalem artichokes in thick slices and fry them on medium heat in the pan with the pork fat. Don’t let them get brown, just lightly fried.
- Add the zest from the lemon, the pork and the garlic. Pour the wine over and put the lid on. Let it boil for a couple of minutes until you can feel the Jerusalem artichokes are getting softer, but still are ‘al dente’.
- Take the pan of the heat, take the lid off. Season with salt, pepper and maybe some lemon juice as well. Pour everything in a big bowl and top it with coarsely chopped fresh thyme and parsley.