The Ceviche is the crown jewel of the South American fastfood. It’s fresh, colorful and available in as many varieties as there is cooks making them. This is exactly my cup of tea - food that’s simple, exciting and good. You try it!
- Dice the fish into pieces, approx 1 cm on each side.
- Slice the spring onion and chop the red onion.
- Chop the chili. Remove the seeds if you want to - a lot of the heat is there.
- Put everything in a stainless steel bowl, squeeze the lime juice over the mixture, pour in the olive oil and mix it. Put it in the fridge.
- Let the fish marinate until it’s turned white on the outside, but not for too long. You don’t want it to get all boring and loose it’s beautiful texture.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge, chop some coriander leaves and mix it into the ceviche. Serve it in glasses with a spoon and a nice bread to soak up all that lovely juice.
Why not make varieties of your ceviche with the following:
- Before you put it in the fridge, chop some peeled, deseeded cucumber in pieces (approx 0,5 cm on each side) add the tomato pieces and a diced avocado. To sweeten it a bit, add diced mango.