- Put the beans and the tuna in a bowl and mash until its mixed well and feels like a thick paste. If it’s not thick enough, thicken it with the flour.
- Put in the rest of the ingredients (except the flour if you don’t need it) and mix well.
- Make small balls - golf ball size - and roll them in the bread crumbs, then flatten them.
- Put a pan with oil on high heat and fry the fritters until dark brown. Let them drip off on paper towels..
- Serve with more spring onions and lime wedges.
Black bean tuna fritters
Small fritters, crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside, perfect with a soup or just as a snack if you add a bit more chili.
For 12 fritters
250g drained, cooked black beans
80 g canned tuna in oil
1 chopped spring onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1 fresh or 2 dried kaffir lime leafs
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon white flour
sambal oelek or sriracha to taste
oil to fry in