The burnt tones from the beer goes great with the chocolate and the icing and when it’s season for it, I suggest you top it off with some red currants.
It’s an adaptation of an original recipe from Delicious Magazine.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/355°F and grease a cake tin (24cm diameter).
- Whisk together the softened butter and the sugar until it has a light, smooth texture.
- Pour in the melted dark chocolate and whisk in one egg at a time.
- Whisk in the Guinness.
- Mix the dry ingredients and fold the mixture into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake it for approx 40 min until it’s set and you can stick a match into the cake and it’s dry when you remove it.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool.
- Now you make the icing. Mix the cream cheese and the sugars until it’s smooth.
- Add the melted white chocolate to the icing and then whisk in the sour cream.
- Spread it over the top of the cake and serve.